2018 Materials Project Workshop

We are excited to announce our third annual workshop for the Materials Project user community.

The ​two-day ​Materials ​Project ​Workshop ​will ​be ​held ​on ​Thursday, ​August ​9th ​and ​Friday, ​August ​10th, ​2018, ​in ​190 ​Doe ​Library ​on ​the ​University ​of ​California ​Berkeley ​campus. ​ ​This ​workshop ​will ​focus ​on ​open-source ​software ​tools ​for ​data-driven ​computational ​materials ​science developed ​and ​maintained ​by ​the ​Materials ​Project. ​​Industry ​users, ​faculty, ​and ​students ​are ​invited ​and ​encouraged ​to ​attend. ​Any ​revenue ​from ​the ​workshop ​will ​be ​used ​to ​fund ​developments ​of ​the ​Materials ​Project ​capabilities.

This ​is ​a ​hands-on ​workshop. ​In ​order ​to ​provide ​individualized ​support, ​space ​is ​limited ​to ​40 ​participants ​on ​a ​first-come, ​first-​served ​basis.

There ​will ​be ​an ​additional afternoon session on ​Wednesday, ​August ​8th, ​for ​anyone ​interested ​in ​a ​primer on Python ​programming and the Jupyter notebook environment ​in ​order ​to ​prepare ​for ​the ​workshop.

Some feedback from last year’s workshop:

• “Great and easy to follow hands-on activities…Attentive team helped when people faced obstacles.”
  • “Examples tackled are useful for my work.”
  • “…was great for its tie into real-world research problems for explaining the thought process when writing code.”
  • “Very good. It changed my perspective on how to do comp. mat. sci.”
  • “All the lectures were very useful for me. I want to use all the tools!”

[Update June 27:] This event is almost sold out. Registration ends July 7. Contact Alice Muller to register now and reserve your spot.

The agenda and resources from last year’s workshop can be found here. An updated agenda is currently in development. Looking forward to seeing you in August!