I am somewhat new to the MAPI. If I am only interested in the DOS at the Fermi level for a material, is the following workflow correct/reasonable?
- Use MPRester to get the full DOS with get_dos_by_material_id()
- Convert this to a dictionary.
- Get the energy at the Fermi level using key ‘efermi’
- Find the index of the element in the ‘energies’ array that is closest to efermi
- Find the density at the same index of the array associated with the key ‘1’ under the ‘densities’ key.
Thank you in advance for your help!